OCAT® Basic Course Performance Objectives
Upon completion of the 4 hour OCAT Basic Course, each student will be able to do the following:
1. Identify the effects of OC on human beings when dispersed in aerosol form.
2. Define a chemical irritant, what an inflammatory is, Oleoresin Capsicum Aerosol Spray and where they are located on the resistance and control management options in respect to the
use of control management.
3. Demonstrate a proper stance and position of the body when holding an OC unit in the hand for use or potential use with all techniques taught in the OCAT® Basic Certification Course.
4. Deliver verbal directions or commands to combative subjects while holding an OC unit in the hand or using OC.
5. Accurately spray OC in one quarter second or multiple one quarter second bursts at physically combative subjects.
6. Identify the ways to cleanse an area that has been exposed to OC.
7. Identify the first aid and post exposure cleansing procedures available for administering to subjects that have been exposed to OC.