We are fully committed to students and who we represent; we fulfill this vision by providing the highest quality of training.
A Security Training Academy, Inc., will provide the skills, knowledge, ethical guidance, and leadership development.
We are ultimately responsible to the citizens of the communities we represent, and we continually strive to earn the confidence of the public by meeting the standards of excellence.
This course meets the training requirements of §18.2-308, License to carry a concealed weapon. certified instructors are required to cover the following course competencies and learning objectives in this course.
- Accept responsibility for firearm safety in your home and in public.
- Adhere to firearm safety rules.
- Identify safe firearm and ammunition use, handling, transport, and storage.
- Advise your family on the safety rules for weapons in your home.
- Advise your children what to do when they come across a weapon.
- Leaving or storing a loaded firearm within the reach or easy access of a child.
- Analyze considerations regarding the carry of a concealed weapon.
- Identify ways to conceal a weapon.
- Maintain control of your weapon.
- Review techniques for avoiding and controlling violent confrontations.
- Demonstrate what to do when you encounter law enforcement.
- Review legally permissible possession, transportation, and use of firearms, including use of deadly force.
- Self-defense and the defense of others.
- Defense of property and protection of retail theft.
- List the locations where you cannot carry concealed.
- Process for obtaining, maintaining, and renewing a concealed carry license.
- Complete an application to obtain a permit to carry concealed.
- Collect the items needed to be submitted with the application.
- Review the process for renewing the license.
- Provide a change of address when necessary.