TO: All Students attending Training
FROM: Joseph Bonacci, Training Director
RE: Academy Guidelines
This memo covers topics that will keep our Academy in great condition, and answer some of the most common questions that are asked by our students. This is a partial listing, if you have any questions, or need clarification, please don’t hesitate to ask any staff member for assistance. All attendees are subject to A Security Training Academy, Inc., Code of Conduct. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and enjoy your training.
Students shall print their name on the attendance roster each morning and afternoon prior to the beginning of class. All missed-time needs to be documented; leave slips are available for this purpose.
- Eating and drinking in the classroomis prohibited, only water is permitted in the classroom. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- No one shall sit upon desks, or tables.
- No other materials are to be brought into the classroom except for notebooks, memo pads and black pens, and this includes newspapers, books, pictures.
- The use of wireless electronic devices, such as cellphones, laptops, and PDA’s are prohibited without prior approval.
- The use of tobacco products is prohibited inside the Academy building. The designated smoking area is out front of building. Please keep the entrance way clear for people entering and exiting. Please deposit all cigarette remains in approved containers.
- Watches, pagers and cell phones must be placed in a mode other than audible alert and should not be answered during instruction. If you have any wireless earpieces, they may not be worn during training. If you must answer a call; please step outside the classroom to complete your call. Please avoid all non-essential non-work-related use of mobile devices as this distracts from classroom instruction.
- Cheating, lying, stealing (or attempts thereof), giving on examinations are grounds for dismissal from training.
- Students are to evaluate the Instructor(s) and Academy programs.
- Students are expected to fully participate in all training activities.
- Injuries incurred during training, shall be reported immediately to Staff. A written report regarding any injury, accident, illness, shall be prepared by the student and submitted to Staff.
- Students are reminded that while in training they are in an “on-duty” status. They are subject to their Companies Policies and Procedures; as well as the A Security Training Academy Code of Conduct and any applicable rules, regulations, policies and practices.
Sign in for all sessions that you attend, to receive proper credit. Please sign in for both a.m. and p.m. sessions. You may miss no more than 10 percent of a class for any reason. If you miss more than 10 percent, you will not become certified. If you are taking a In-Service class, and miss time, you will not receive credit for the time you attend. Attendance is required and mandatory for all In-Service classes unless the Training Director or his designee has approved a legitimate excuse.
- Dress must be neat and professional in appearance.
- At the discretion of Academy staff, students who are inappropriately attired may be required to leave the training site and change clothes.
- Hats are not permitted to be worn inside the building. Shorts are not permitted.
- Students are reminded that while in training they are in an “on-duty” status. In addition to Academy guidelines; clothing worn at the Academy should be appropriate for work that day.
- Dress should normally be appropriate civilian attire. Clothing with inappropriate designs, pictures or writing will not be permitted. Blue Jeans and T-shirts that are neat and not torn are permitted.
- Changes to this policy for special training sessions will be determined solely by academy staff .
Written tests will be given for all entry level training programs. Students will be evaluated if applicable to their program, for In-Service no testing is required.
Each performance-based evaluation, and objective must be satisfactorily met as determined by Academy staff. The passing standard for written testing (non-instructor level) written testing will be one attempt at 70 percent.
- A Security Training Academy, Inc. #88-1502
7263 Maple Place, Suite 203
Annandale, Virginia 22003
- (703) 916-8411 Office
- (703) 916-8412 Fax